Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

A divorced mother in NM is living in her son's house with her

Customer Question

a divorced mother in NM is living in her son's house with her child and refuses to
leave because "her son will never see his grandchild again if he kicks her out". Is this
legal! What recourse does the son have?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. Just to be clear, there is a divorced mother, her son (who owns the house?) and refuses to leave saying that "her" (the divorced mother?) "son will never see his grandchild again..." The way your question reads is as though the divorced mother is the great grandmother of the "grandchild". Is that what you meant to say?
I see you have not responded in a long time. Did you see my follow up question to your issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the divorced mother moved in with her dad and is refusing to move out. she is blackmailing her father with the threat
that if her dad kicks her out he won't ever see his grandchild again
Apologies for the delay. I was out of the office when you responded and just got back in this morning. As it has been 3 days since your response to my follow up question, which was 5 days ago, do you still want an answer to the question?