How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36558
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband was a High School Teacher and he contacted a

Customer Question

My husband was a High School Teacher and he contacted a prostitute he did not meet with her just a text. She emailed the school he is at and said he owed her money this happened over a year ago she we go after her with a lawsuit?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
If she is harassing husband about the communications that they had, husband can file a petition for a restraining order against her an seek to have a judge put a no contact order in place.
If she then contacted him or even a third party again about him, that would be a violation and would subject her to a criminal charge of violation of a restraining order.
I kind of doubt if a "cease and desist" letter from a local attorney would help if she is engaging in illegal prostitution as she is likely not worried about any civil type of lawsuit.