Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18 years of litigation experience.
18321761

Someone that I briefly dated earlier this year from a singles group at a local church is

Customer Question

Someone that I briefly dated earlier this year from a singles group at a local church is baselessly threatening me with legal action that I am stalking her if I go on a cruise later in the year to which the group invited me to go....i have had no contact with her for 2 months until she found out that I still had my reservation for the cruise and she texted me yesterday telling I was not welcome and she would file for legal action that I was stalking her if I did not cancel within 3 days...the cruise is not until November....I am fine with canceling the reservation....do you have any advice I could say to her to make her stop with these rediculous and completely baseless threats of legal action?
Thank you
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
She's put you on notice that she wants nothing to do with you and that she's considering filing stalking charges. Responding to her at all could provoke her into filing her complaint because she clearly sees communication with you as unwelcome, whether it's unreasonable of her to feel that way or not.
If you're okay with canceling the cruise, do so, say nothing further to her, and look to avoid her. Then she'll have no grounds at all to complain about anything.