Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband is in a skilled nursing facility in St. Louis, Mo.

Customer Question

my husband is in a skilled nursing facility in St. Louis, Mo. and a caseworker for medicaid stated I am not eligible to receive any of his money toward my support because i was not in the home continuously and I have always paid the bills with his checks so what if anything I can do to pay the bills
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Steven K. replied 1 year ago.
To respond appropriately, I need more information. First, from what source is his income? Is it Social Security benefits? Or a pension of some sort? The second thing I need to know is whether you and your husband have been living apart for some time and if so, when did you separate? Third, do you have any of your own income? If so, is it significantly less than your husband's income?