LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

The DSS in NC has been relieved

Customer Question

The DSS in NC has been relieved of responsibility to reunite family. Father had no legal representation. Should grandparent (me) seek guardianship of 14 year old male child? Mother died while child was in care. What kind of attorney do I need?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good evening,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your family's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
If the father will be willing to allow you to take custody, then that would seem to be the best thing for your grandchild.
You would need a family law attorney or a probate law attorney in the county where the child has been living to apply to the court on your behalf to appoint you a Temporary Legal Guardian. That way you can endure that your grandchild is taken care of.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I worked in the system for 35 years so this is not new information. And to improve your credibility, use spell check.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was worth $5.00. Thanks