Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

Can the father take the child over the road in a truck if he

Customer Question

Can the father take the child over the road in a truck if he has the child that week or does he need permission
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
I suggest that as long as he is on his visitation time, he can take the child where he wants. He should keep in touch with the other parent as to location as the time goes on.
If the child is not returned as required by the court order for custody at the end of the visitation, then it could be considered kidnapping. But as long as the parent has court ordered visits and minds that order as to return date to the other parent, no permission is needed.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.
​Thank you