How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 29084
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just want to know about my children not divorce I'm

Customer Question

I just want to know about my children not divorce I'm concerned for my kids, cancan he hold them from me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
There are no laws that govern how married couples split their time with their children. Each parent has equal rights. That means your husband doesn't have to let you see the children, and you don't have to let him see the children. The one exception is if you believe they are in danger, in which case, you should contact child services or the police immediately.
The only time the courts will step in, I'm sorry to say, is if you file for divorce and file a Motion for Temporary Custody. That is the way to exercise your legal rights to see your children when the other parent is withholding them and you are married.
I apologize that this was probably not the Answer you were hoping to receive. However, it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.
Good luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i'm not married by the law. Only by religion. How can I file for divorce ? Where do I start from there ?
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
If you're not married, you can go straight to the courthouse and file a Petition for Custody. You can file for Permanent and Temporary Custody at the same time. There's no need to divorce without a legal marriage.