Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

What happens if my ex husband doesn't file his Form FL 191?

Customer Question

What happens if my ex husband doesn't file his Form FL 191? I filed mine. Thanks
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My email is:***@******.***
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your spouse refuses to fill out the form after being ordered to do so, then you have to file a motion to compel and a motion for an order to show cause for contempt to get the court to order him to fill it out. The law requires both parents to fill it out, so if they do not do so, then you have to take him to court to get the court to force him to do so and if you incur any costs in bringing him to court for this, the court will award you those costs as a penalty against him for him not filling out the form as required.