Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

I am in same sex domestic partner ship in Dallas TX and I want

Customer Question

I am in same sex domestic partner ship in Dallas TX and I want to get it dissolved
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the best quickest way to go about that? Also does his credit score or debt that he collects on his own effect me in any way?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. What you would need to do is a file an "Affidavit of Dissolution of Domestic Partnership" in the county where the domestic partnership was granted, or if you now reside in a different county, the one where you currently reside. Here is a good template for the documentation that you can file: http://www.cleat.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/DOMESTIC-PARTNERSHIP-AFFIDAVIT-CLEAT-Form.pdf Typically credit scores and debt DO NOT affect you because you were not fully married, so while you had some partnership obligations, it did not reach as far as debts or obligations. Sincerely, ***** *****