Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
18210975

My wife has been having multiple affairs and is mentally unstable

Customer Question

My wife has been having multiple affairs and is mentally unstable and plans to move overseas. I need an emergency injunction or something to make sure the kids are safe.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello -
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law issue today.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. :(
What question can I answer for you?
Thanks,
Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is planning to leave and go to England (now says eventually, but was telling the homewrecker soon). I want to know if there is any kind of emergency injunction or something I can file to protect my kids. Make sure they are not taken overseas.
Thank you.
If she is planning on leaving with the kids you have together and you already have a court case/custody order in place, you could always file something with the Judge under that case number. If not, you can file a separate emergency injunction asking the court to enjoin her from leaving without the court's permission with your children.
I hope this helps!
If you valued my time, please consider leaving a positive review. Experts don't get credit for our answers until you do. I'll be happy to follow up until you're completely satisfied.
Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i do this on a sat when no lawyers are working?
You can't do it on a Saturday. You'll have to talk to someone Monday morning to get it filed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is a problem was hoping for quicker. Don't think she would do something crazy, but just don't know.
Court houses are not open on weekends. You couldn't get it done even if you could find a lawyer working on a weekend. I'm sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't think i can legally make her leave, can i?
I don't understand your question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think she has a right to stay here in our home despite my concerns for the kids, correct? if I make her leave am i breaking the law?
She can not be forced to leave the home if it's the home she lives in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is physcially draining. i have to be hyper vigilant to protect my kids and my wife from herself. can't trust her alone with them and can't sleep. thank you for the info
I understand. You're welcome!