Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

After seven yrs my ex is asking me support of

Customer Question

after seven yrs my ex is asking me for chils support of 850,00 and medical. Everting was find until i meet a very nice man and after three yrs of being with each other we are going to get married . My ex is so man that he told our childern that he he came
to see us they could not come back to tx . I leave in az now and got a a better job making 40,ooo a yr when I was just getting by in tx, I made 34,000 a yr in tx. my fiance' also has three childern one is 20 so he pays for two one is 17 and 14. My are 15 and
13. some how he got a court date for aug 13 2015. I do not have the time off are the monry right now to come back and fight this! The only reson that he is doing this because he told me this that I am getting married again and will not come back to tx, WHAT
can I do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
can I do?

Response: You need to contact the Clerk's office and inquire if you can appear by telephone. Most Courts now offer remote access to Courts that some litigants do not have to physically be in Court in order to get their cases heard or defend themselves. You should also check the web site of http://www.Courtcall.com for more information. If you do not appear, you run the risk that your ex would get what he is asking from the Court. You would not get the opportunity to tell the Court your side of the issue.