How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 38560
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How is a form cap 170.6 used before a hearing starts? My ex

Customer Question

how is a form cap 170.6 used before a hearing starts? My ex used one once minutes before the hearing and no one questioned him. I put one in and it still has not been answered?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant ccp 170.6 my computer changed it to cap.The issue is that I'm terrified the court is sitting on my forms won't get to them as they did this last time. And I will be stuck with a perturbed judge because they didn't file the 170.6 but made him aware of the form.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Any party to a legal action in California Superior Court has thee absolute right to preemptively disqualify the judge or commissioner who is assigned to the case. Judges/Commissioners are assigned at random by the court computer system, so there's no bias. However, some judges/commissioners are know for a particular bias, and especially in family law actions, there are usually a few judicial officers who are infamous for preferring women/mothers to men/fathers or vise versa. It's pretty common to use the 170.6 form to disqualify a judicial officer. The risk is that the next officer assigned may be even worse than the one who's disqualified. PS: I see you asked for a phone consult. If you still want one, I'll be happy to accommodate you. But, I"ll have to charge you for my time. Let me know if you're still interested. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using!

Related Family Law Questions