Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I'm a grandparent in Missouri me and my wife have been ras

Customer Question

Hello, I'm a grandparent in Missouri me and my wife have been rasing my daughters kids for 6 years now with guardian ship the dad filed that he was fit willing and able to care for the children he completed drug court and every thing looked good for the court our hired attorney said we had almost no way of winning but to make a visitation plan so we agreed 3 months later the 14 year old came to our house said she was not going back home because there was pot in the home she even hid it took pictures of needles and a burnt spoon in step mom s purse. so we took her to our pastor and youth leader who was a deputy they contacted dfs they came out the police searched the residence found pot tested both father and stepmom they tested positive for pot and opiates and had paraphernalia. The 14 year old is terrified to go back and dfs says she has to and she says she will run away. The dad and stepmom are very angry and the dad has been verbally abusive. What can we do to help her and her sis?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the mother our daughter is in prison so she cant help
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
So the Father is seeking custody? Or has he already been granted the custody?
How is it that DFS is not willing to intervene? Did they not open a case in this matter?