How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Huband, Esq. Your Own Question
S. Huband, Esq.
S. Huband, Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1628
Experience:  Experienced, and knowledgeable family law attorney.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Huband, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex wife and I married 9 years and we have 5 kids. I'm taking

Customer Question

My ex wife and I married 9 years and we have 5 kids. I'm taking sole custody of all the children 24/7. She pays $1000/ month total for child support. Am I qualify for housing, medical and all goverment's aids for me and the children?
Btw: she is a pharmacist. Her income is about 150k/year
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Huband, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to assist you.
Q) Do I qualify for housing, medical and other governmental aid for me and the children?
You likely qualify for at least some benefits. You'd find out by going to your local social services office.
However, your wife should probably pay far more than $1K per month child support. She can likely provide health care for the children, too. You should also ask her for spousal support if she's been the primary income earner in the family while you've been married.
I hope my response has been helpful. If you have follow-up questions or concerns on this topic, please ask. I'll get back to you as quickly as I can, although I may not be online at the moment you respond.
Otherwise, I hope you will rate my answer positively as that is the ONLY way I receive credit for my work, and doing so will NOT cost you an additional fee.
Best wishes to you, Customer
Expert:  S. Huband, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
I'm writing to follow up on your question. I see you recently viewed my answer, but you didn't issue a rating. If you need clarification about my answer, please ask. Otherwise, please let me know what else I can do, if anything, to earn a positive rating from you.
Thanks again for using our service! Customer

Related Family Law Questions