How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27010
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently reside in Jacksonville, NC, however, my permanent

Customer Question

I currently reside in Jacksonville, NC, however, my permanent address is in Harford County, MD. My ex is abusive, demeaning, and has to be in total control. He was out of my daughters life.
Since I have had to communicate with him, it's opened the door for more abuse. The verbal abuse has been unbelievable. There was a protective order against him for threats, and he hurt our daughter during a visit, however, PACYF excused it and didn't charge him with anything. There have been two more reports to PACYF that are pending.
My mother actually noticed how I reacted to his messages and decided to take me to therapy. That is when I was diagnosed with PTSD from the abused I received
I shared the information with my attorney, whom I do not have representing me any longer, and he, without my verbal or written consent shared it with the opposing counsel and she told my ex. Then a week later an emergency motion to modify custody and visitation was submitted, with private telephone conversation between my ex attorney. There is information that she received only by my counsel telling her. The best part it is they are trying to say I have anxiety, I can't care for my daughter, I abuse her and try to pin it on him and they used the PTSD. Do I have any legal recourse? Recourse for my former representation, but most of all the opposing counsel and my ex? I never gave consent! Now the entire case is turned around and the focus is all on me for something I never wanted anyone to know about in the first place. Plus, my former counsel isn't as his firm anymore. Isn't that a little suspect? Do I have any recourse? They have given out, made public to the court, and used it against me. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardYou ask:Do I have any legal recourse? Recourse for my former representation, but most of all the opposing counsel and my ex? Answer: You can file a complaint with the Bar Association against your attorney. They should have discuss the information with you and only released it the other party if in your best interests.As to the other attorney and the ex - I suggest you have no recourse against them. It is the duty of an attorney to use information that will help their client. They did not steal the information. So they have done nothing wrong. I suggest you will begin with the Bar Association complaint against your attorney. What state is the attorney in and I will provide you the information LINK on how to make that complaint.

Related Family Law Questions