FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

At what age dose a child custody in Florida

Customer Question

Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Are you asking if there is an age when the child can decide what parent they want to live with?
Just wanted to follow up and see if you had a chance to respond.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well what age
Thank you. Just wanted to make sure I knew what you wanted answered. With that being confirmed, there is no age in which a minor child has the right to decide which parent they want to live with. That will be up to the Judge, based upon the best interest of the child. However, the Judge can certainly speak with the child and ask them who they prefer to live with and why and consider the wishes of the child. If they are a teenager, the Judge may give more weight to that decision then if it was made by a younger child but until the child is 18, they can not decide and it is up to the Judge.Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!