Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.
45002201

What is the likelihood of a judge ordering a spouse to keep

Customer Question

What is the likelihood of a judge ordering a spouse to keep an ex as a primary beneficiary of his life insurance as part of child support for 4 kids and spousal support?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.To answer your question directly, the odds of that are not very good. Child support is supposed to help defray the cost of raising a child. The parent being named as a beneficiary, which will benefit the parent at some undetermined time down the road, does not serve that purpose. As far as it being part of spousal support, it is more likely that the court will order a certain amount of money to be paid per month. If the two people want to work out a deal where they do that, they certainly can, but the court is not likely to order it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Glad to help. If you don't have any questions, please remember to "Rate" my answer before you go.
Do you have any questions?