Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My hubby is a stroke and heart patient. His father passed away

Customer Question

My hubby is a stroke and heart patient. His father passed away and I then became POA for the estate which has been settled. Hubby is on Mecaide along with Medicare. The Medicare pays for Elderly waiver for Respite care. Father had shares which a check comes every 3 months. I was in process of switching over to my name but after learning that it's a large amount, I didn't want it to interfere with his medical and respite care. Our house has 2 mortgages. 1st is in hubby's name while small 2nd is in both our names. We need advise before going to atty or contacting DHS. We are in Iowa.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. I can understand your concerns. What specifically can I help answer for you?