originallawyer
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  7+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
74576488

Am denied time w my 2 grandchildren. My son is divorced from their mother. She is remarrie

Customer Question

Am denied time w my 2 grandchildren. My son is divorced from their mother. She is remarried. My son has no visitation time with them at a). Grandchildren live in grants pass, an hour away. I janelwould a solute love e to have time with them. My situation has been that since they were born, I was given hardly any time. Exdaughterinlaw has been extremely mean on an ongoing basis. I just want to love my grandchildren! !
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello:I can certainly understand why this is distressing for you! Oregon law does allow you to sue for grandparents visitation provided you have attempted to establish a relationship and the custodial parent has denied you visitation. It is up to a Judge to determine what is in the best interest of the child. A Judge can grant reasonable access to a grandparent over the objection of a custodial parent. You will likely need to hire an attorney do this for you. You should talk to an attorney who has experience in the area of grandparent visitation, which is a subsection of family law.