How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11696
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has been here summer and resides out of

Customer Question

My daughter has been here for the summer and resides out of state. She does not want to return as her husband is emotionally abusive toward her. They have two children, a boy and girl and a two bedroom apartment. The 44 year old father insists on sleeping in the same bed with his 10 year old daughter. He is here on a green card and insists this is acceptable in his country, Italy.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I'm sorry for the dilemma...however I'm not sure I understand the specific question Are you asking if your daughter files for divorce where you would that impact child custody?