Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I have been getting temporary child support a year.

Customer Question

I have been getting temporary child support for over a year. My accountant testified he lied about his income at trial and the judge has still not made a final decision. She has been in daycare that cost 12,000/year. He has been ordered to cover the child care. Can I pay my teenagers age 13 and 15 to babysit with this money instead of daycare now that she is getting older and they are BLS certified? Why has the judge not rendered a final decision going on 9 weeks now? Also defendents atty whited out details of the account and is one of his best friends. He worked a case with his ex wife and changed the amount of support she would get to make things "fair" with her on an unsigned but official document given to the judge during our court hearing. I dont believe that this will ever actually go through as he and his lawyer are con artists. My lawyer was very nice to me in the beginning but seemed to have befriended the other atty. Furthermore, he asked for less money be considered for defendent's income than the accountant stated he had to. After I persisted ...he changed it from 160 to 300,000...big difference. My accountant is the only one I trust....maybe the judge. What can I do to ensure fairness. I already have a new atty for the future. Also, he refuses to tell anyone his daughter exist including her 2 brothers, and grandmother :) Thank you to clear these ongoing issues..
Thank You-
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Could you clarify?
What did you mean by "BLS certified?"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Basic Life Support..meaning that they are able to do CPR if needed. The daycares have this..Just helps make them more qualifiable to babysit in others eyes..they love her too :)
Thank you for the information:
Your initial post:
I have been getting temporary child support for over a year. My accountant testified he lied about his income at trial and the judge has still not made a final decision. She has been in daycare that cost 12,000/year. He has been ordered to cover the child care. Can I pay my teenagers age 13 and 15 to babysit with this money instead of daycare now that she is getting older and they are BLS certified?
Response 1: No. The daycare expenses are being paid by your ex for professional help. The expenses are for professional services. Your children cannot be paid the same amount as a professional daycare provider. If your children are now going to be providing the services, your ex may ask the Court to reduce his contribution to the daycare expenses.
Why has the judge not rendered a final decision going on 9 weeks now?
Response 2: I do not know. You need to contact the Courthouse, the Clerk's office and ask why.
Also defendents atty whited out details of the account and is one of his best friends. He worked a case with his ex wife and changed the amount of support she would get to make things "fair" with her on an unsigned but official document given to the judge during our court hearing. I dont believe that this will ever actually go through as he and his lawyer are con artists. My lawyer was very nice to me in the beginning but seemed to have befriended the other atty. Furthermore, he asked for less money be considered for defendent's income than the accountant stated he had to. After I persisted ...he changed it from 160 to 300,000...big difference. My accountant is the only one I trust....maybe the judge. What can I do to ensure fairness. I already have a new atty for the future. Also, he refuses to tell anyone his daughter exist including her 2 brothers, and grandmother :) Thank you to clear these ongoing issues..
Thank You-

Response 3: See my previous responses.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My main concern is to know that I can be reimbursed for my 15 yr old watching her. He is her half brother and has no obligation to do so otherwise. He is trained to do so. I plan to pay him 10-15/hr as needed as this is the going rate. It may end up being less than daycare
Response: I am not sure that you can be reimbursed under this circumstance. So, I am going to opt out and give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a different contributor as your previous contributor had to leave.
I look forward to working with you for educational purposes only.
What is the remaining question you have about this matter, as the previous expert has correctly answered the questions for you?