Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My husband was on child support, but just out the blue it got

Customer Question

My husband was on child support, but just out the blue it got dropped. And we have been trying to see his son now for 3 years but his mom is not letting us. And we have no idea what to do.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
What do you mean the child support was dropped? How do you know that?
Is there a court order for the Father to have visits?
What state issued the Order, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She had move to florida where they were taking out of his check, and all of a sudden in 2013 they sent a letter stating that they had to stop taking it out.Then she was back in texas for awhile then moved to alamba. But before that he was on child support and had visitation rights. we don't even know how to see him cause she won't let us. We have been trying desperately to see him. But she will not let us see him. My husband still have all his rights to his son, but what can can we do to see him?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Typo( Alabama), sorry for miss spelling.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We live in Bryan Tx. And also Have a letter about child support not taking out anymore.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you.Child support has nothing to do with visitations. And if there is any kind of child custody/visitation orders for the Father, that is in effect. So with the visits, he should consider filing a contempt Show/Cause order to have the court reprimand the Mother. If the Order was issued in Texas and the Father still lives in Texas, then that court still has jurisdiction over it. The only problem I see is the Father could be held responsible for any arrears in the child support for those years that he has not paid, because even if the support unit stopped collecting, he was aware he is the Father of the child and should have continued paying to the Mother directly the court ordered amount. So in that regard, once he begins a contempt on the child visitations, she can go back to court and request the child support and any back payments.