Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

If divorce granted periodic alimony because wife was 100% disabled fro

Customer Question

If divorce granted periodic alimony because wife was 100% disabled from Multiple Sclerosis and was unable to work in the future. And wife "suspended" payment because she was living with another man. And she later broke up with this man. And at no time did she receive financial support from the other man nor does she receive any financial support from any outside source now. What are the chances under Tennessee Law of re-establishing periodic Alimony? Any case law to support your opinion?
Thanks, Jim
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.Please tell me:1) When was the divorce?2) When did she begin living with the other man?3) When was alimony suspended?4) When did she break up with the other man?This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.