Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have medicare as my primary insurance as I'm disabled. My

Customer Question

I have medicare as my primary insurance as I'm disabled. My secondary ins is medicaid share of cost. I also have state programs such as my medication copays are paid by the state (I have part D coverage), and they pay my 105 per month medicare. I am being
asked for my bank account information. The problem is that I have power of attorney for my mom and she lives with me and her money gets transferred into my account. I also get a child support deposit for arrears...but it really isn't for arrears it's a deal
my ex and I did as he owes me past money he borrowed and needed it to come out of his checks like that. So I'm afraid if I give my bank info they will close my programs and I can't afford otherwise.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: You have to provide the information requested and provide explanation for the deposits in your account. If you do not provide the information requested, you may no longer get assistance with your Medicare premium payments and other payments now being paid by Medicaid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I figured that much. But the issue I have is that these program guidelines are very unclear. I've spent hours and numerous phone calls to medicaid to try and figure it out. This is the only reason they are requesting my bank info in the first place. Was my questions!I wasn't the one who put me in these programs. The state did it automatically and I didn't even know what was going on. I had state assisted help with my copays to medicine after my part D AARP paid and I had this share of cost to medicare all the while I was paying for a secondary through state farm. I never even knew the state did this?
So I guess I would like to know how they can do this without me knowing and consenting, and also what their guidelines are?
I was told it goes by my income. My only income truly is SSDI. The other "child support arrears" is really borrowed money my ex had owed me and he had to write it like that cuz he's a bum and won't pay on his own and he's being garnished at his work with other things and knows this way I will get paid back. Will this be held against me as income?
Also my mom has alzheimers. She was dropped off on my doorsteps 1 year ago from San Diego by my sister. No one wanted to care for her. So I can't do it by myself. My significant other helps care for her with me. She has money from VA, pension and social security. They come into another bank acct and I transfer it into my main one to help with her care. Are they going to consider that my income to?This has all been confusing. I've tried before all of this happened to talk to 2 attorneys. One didn't know. The other said there are no medicaid attorneys cuz ppl on medicaid are poor and can't afford attorneys. So I was left not knowing what I'm doing.Hopefully you can help?
Thank You
Actually, you did not ask any question in your previous post. I presumed what your question would be. It is my fault for answering an unasked question.
I am going to opt out and give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you as I do not have anything else to add to my initial response to you.