FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

How do I establish residency in Va. I do not have a job and

Customer Question

How do I establish residency in Va. I do not have a job and I am living with my mother and sister in my mother's house.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. Ideally, if now live with them, you would first want to start by forwarding all your mail to that residency, so it can show you are established and living in the State. Moreover, if you wanted and needed to obtain an ID Car or Drivers license, here is a link with the required documents which you must obtain and show. Doing this, would all be steps to establish your residency, for whatever the intended purpose is. https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/pdf/dmv141.pdf
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!