How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6369
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A subcontractor of dcf denied our home study to adopt our 15

Customer Question

A subcontractor of dcf denied our home study to adopt our 15 year old nephew due to incorrect information stating I filed two dv injunctions against my spouse. One on 1995 and the incorrect one in 2013. They did not question me about it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.
Take a look at the case above. It appears that you can sue the DCF to hold DCF accountable for the wrongful denial of the home study.
"The appeals court is saying the circuit court has the authority to look over the shoulder of DCF to make sure they're not abusing their authority."
See link below:
To be honest, I am not finding if there are any administrative appeal rights that you have to exhaust within in DCF first before filing suit in circuit court.
Please remember to assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place and still earn a positive rating from you. If you would rather obtain a refund of your deposit, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What the case law said?
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
It says that you can sue DCF in circuit court to make sure they are not wrongfully denying the adoption.