Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am a legal adoptive parent of three boys through CPS and

Customer Question

I am a legal adoptive parent of three boys through CPS and I want to know can this
adoption be reversed without my consent? CPS wants me to relocate to another city
so that the three kids that I adopted would be close to there other siblings. I never
agreed to relocation and I do not desire to move. Can this be done?
Ruby
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify some details here?
1) Did you FORMALLY and LEGALLY adopt the children? OR, did DFPS simply place the children in your care but they are the "conservator" for the children?
2) Are you named CONSERVATOR on any legal custody documents?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought that I was the logal adoptive parent after going before a judge and the adotion being filed in court. I will have to
review the adoption again to see if I am the legal adoptive parent or conservator.Ruby
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Ruby - okay, please do, and get back to me with the relevant information. Thank you!