Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

We are thinking about adopting a child that is a family friends

Customer Question

we are thinking about adopting a child that is a family friends daughters child/he is special needs and his mother does not want him. what legal channels do we need to take , so he can be adopted and receive our last name?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also, his father was an illegal alien and got deported. he was considered as an abandonment parent in court and his case was closed (he tried to get back to use,however his wife did not want him back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Imeant back to the USA
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.I suggest you consider consulting with an Adoption Facilitator in the county where the child now lives, as that is where any Petition for adoption will need to be filed as it can be a complicated process. IF you contact the clerk of the court or the Department of Human Services(###) ###-#### ***** they can provide a list of court sanctioned facilitators for you to consider.The process includes the following:The prospective adoptive parent petitions the court to adopt a specific child. The petition is filed in the court of the county where the child is found or where the adoptive parent residesThe petition and other legal forms are normally accompanied by a consent signed by the parent, a child-placing agency, a court or DHS, depending on the type of adoptionThe court orders an investigation to assure that the interests of the adoptee are protectedFollowing receipt of a completed report of investigation and satisfied that the adoptee’s best interests are served, the court will issue an order terminating the rights of the parent, the child-placing agency, court or the DHS. The court makes the adoptee a ward of the court, orders placement in adoption, and assigns a child-placing agency, DHS or an agent of the court to supervise/monitor the adoptive placementSix months after the placement or longer if the court fi nds it in the adoptee’s best interest the court will enter an order of adoption. The order of adoption completes the process.This LINK will take you to the Michigan Statute that covers ADOPTIONS IN THE MEANTIME, you can consider using the following for a Guardianship of the child with the consent of the MotherYou can amend and adjust it to fit your concerns AUTHORIZATION FOR TEMPORARY GUARDIANSHIP OF MINORChildFull Legal Name: ______________________________________________________________Date of Birth: _______________________ Age: ___________ Gender: ___________Doctor’s InformationDoctor’s Name: ________________________________________________________________Doctor’s Address: ______________________________________________________________Doctor’s Office Phone: ____________________ Doctor’s Emergency Phone: _______________Medical Insurer/Health Plan: __________________________ Policy #: ____________________Allergies to Medications: _________________________________________________________Allergies (Other): _______________________________________________________________If applicable, please note the conditions for which the child is currently receiving treatment:_____________________________________________________________________________Note any other significant medical Information:________________________________________Dentist’s InformationDentist’s Name: ________________________________________________________________Dentist’s Address: ______________________________________________________________Dentist’s Office Phone: ____________________ Dentist’s Emergency Phone: _______________Dentist’s Insurer/Health Plan: __________________________ Policy #: ____________________Parent(s)/Legal Guardian(s):Parent #1:Name:________________________________________________________________________Address: ______________________________________________________________________Home phone: __________________________ Work phone: __________________________Cell phone: ____________________________ Pager: _______________________________Email: ________________________________Additional Contact Information: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Parent #2:Name: _______________________________________________________________________Address: ______________________________________________________________________Home phone: __________________________ Work phone: __________________________Cell phone: ____________________________ Pager: _______________________________Email: ________________________________Additional Contact Information: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Temporary Guardian(s):Temporary Guardian #1:Name:________________________________________________________________________Address: ______________________________________________________________________Home phone: __________________________ Work phone: __________________________Cell phone: ____________________________ Pager: _______________________________Email: ________________________________Additional Contact Information: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Temporary Guardian #2:Name: ___________________________________________________________________________Address: _________________________________________________________________________Home phone: __________________________ Work phone: __________________________Cell phone: ____________________________ Pager: _______________________________Email: ________________________________Additional Contact Information: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Emergency Contact:Name: _______________________________________________________________________Address: ______________________________________________________________________Home phone: __________________________ Work phone: __________________________Cell phone: ____________________________ Pager: _______________________________Email: ________________________________Additional Contact Information: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________AUTHORIZATION AND CONSENT OF PARENT(S) OR LEGAL GUARDIAN(S)1. I hereby declare that I have legal custody of the above named child.2. I hereby grant my full permission and consent for the temporary guardian to establish a place of residence for my child, and for my child to reside and travel with said temporary guardian.3. I hereby grant the temporary guardian my full authorization to make all decisions related to my child’s educational, religious, and recreational activities and undertakings.4. I hereby grant the temporary guardian my full authorization to administer general first aid treatment for any minor injuries or illnesses experienced by the minor. If the injury or illness is life threatening or in need of emergency treatment, I authorize the temporary guardian to summon any and all professional emergency personnel to attend, transport, and treat the participant and to issue consent for any X-ray, anesthetic, blood transfusion, medication, or other medical diagnosis, treatment, or hospital care deemed advisable by, and to be rendered under the general supervision of, any licensed physician, surgeon, dentist, hospital, or other medical professional or institution duly licensed to practice in the state in which such treatment is to occur.5. This authorization is effective commencing on the _____ day of _________ 2015 and expiring on the _____ day of _____, 20_____.6. In the event that more than one legal guardian exists, the use of the singular shall incorporate the plural. In the event that more than one temporary guardian is named, the use of the singular shall incorporate the plural.Under penalty of perjury under the laws of the state of Michigan, I attest to the truthfulness, accuracy, and validity of the forgoing statement.Parent 1’s signature: ________________________________ Date: ____________________Parent 2’s signature: ________________________________ Date: ____________________CONSENT OF TEMPORARY GUARDIANI hereby acknowledge the terms set forth above and agree to assume responsibility in accordance with those terms.Under penalty of perjury under the laws of the state of Michigan, I attest to the truthfulness, accuracy, and validity of the forgoing statement.Temporary Guardian 1’s signature: ______________________ Date: ____________________Temporary Guardian 2’s signature: ______________________ Date: ____________________CERTIFICATE OF ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF NOTARY PUBLICSTATE OF __________________COUNTY OF ________________This document was acknowledged before me on ______________________ [date] by ________________________________________________ [name of principal].[Notary Seal, if any]:_______________________________(Signature of Notarial Officer)Notary Public for the State of ______________My commission expires: __________________
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you