Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

What percentag of my spouse's pension am I entitled to?

Customer Question

Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
Under community property laws, you're entitled to 50% of the pension that was accumulated during the marriage. So, for example, if you were married 10 years and he worked for the company 30 years, you would get 1/2 of 1/3, or 1/6 of the total. In a situation where he started working for the company after you married, it's a straight 50% of whatever the value is when you divorce.
It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are kegally married 47yrs n have 6 daghterts and 9 garanchildren and have been seperated 23yrs.due to drug use and cheating but We together when he worked w/the bakery union.What am i entitled as far his pension earnings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you talking about $52 thousand??
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I apologize, but I am not able to call you. Live phone calls in the legal categories, unlike in other sections of JustAnswer, are considered the practice of law, which is forbidden by state laws. I am unfortunately not able to call you, but I am happy to continue with you in this forum. Thank you for your understanding.
Are the two of you legally separated? If so, what did the agreement say about the pension? If NOT, are you planning to file for divorce or legal separation?