Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

After our recent divorce my ex would not split our assets

Customer Question

after our recent divorce my ex would not split our assets and a commissioner was court ordered to sell our marital home. I complied with everything commissioner requested and have written and verbal correspondence to prove. My ex was supposed to be repairing
the home when commissioner requested he come over but instead sold my in home business along with other marital property. That business brought me over 1000 a month. After several months and no home improvement I wrote a letter to the commissioner asking for
a timeline of property repairs but instead got a court hearing kicking me out of the house. He said I was preventing my ex from doing home repairs. I wasn't given the opportunity to show pictures or say anything. It took months for the house to be repaired.
In that time I wrote two additional letters to the commissioner asking for repair costs; all unanswered. The home is now under contract. I found out after it was concluded. My ex is on the contract with the commissioner. I have learned that is not the way
it was supposed to be handled. I am afraid I will be left with nothing after my ex turns in what he purchased to repair the home. The home sale goes through soon. My ex is very wealthy; I am not. What can I can do to ensure I get a fair outcome? Court order
stipulates we split proceeds 50/50 but that number can be weighted without me having any control.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Could you explain a little more?
If this is a marital property, why is it being sold without your signature?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was in spam, sorry.
I have no idea. The commissioner was court ordered to sell the home but it is still half mine. Not once was i treated equally. Why is my ex's signature on the house?