Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

My daughter is going thru a custody battle and they used my

Customer Question

My daughter is going thru a custody battle and they used my 16 year old son in their fight about when he watched the kids 3 years ago and he accidentally hit my granddaughter with a baseball bat when they were playing baseball, they said he did it on purpose,
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
What is your legal question for me please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have grounds to sue them for slander and mental pain. They are telling out and out lies about him and he now cannot see the kids unsupervised. All this happen 3 years ago and nothing was said in the divorce in November.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is suffering because they are using things in this custody that is lies.
Thank you for your follow up.
Are these false allegations made in the court case?
Did you and your son had a chance to contest this allegations during court proceedings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes they used them in a court case and no I have not been able to contest them.
Thank you for your follow up.I do not offer any communications outside of this website. Unfortunately, any false allegations brought up in a child custody case, would have to be addressed and resolved within the proceedings of such case and generally, any outside lawsuit for defamation would not be possible based on the allegation that were made in another court proceedings. I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I need to hire an attorney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would that help
Thank you for your follow up.
If a non-party to a child custody case wants to obtain some type of visitation then it would make sense to hire an experienced local child custody visitation attorney who can file petition for visitation with the minor children.
You can find an experienced and skilled local child custody law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to child custody law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions? If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work. Thank you.