Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I'm thinking of leaving my girlfriend and she has said before

Customer Question

I'm thinking of leaving my girlfriend and she has said before that we can just split our daughter. She got insurance thru Obama and told me not to & that she also had to claim her on her taxes. I'm unsure if she's being sinsere or just setting things up to benefit her. She has a 6 year old which she doesn't get support for now but I'm wondering if now that there is going to be two of us dads to collect from if she won't use that to get herself up out of her moms. We're in Missouri.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good evening,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. You say "our daughter" and then refer to a 6 year old that has a different father---apparently. Is this the same child?
2. Are you the natural father of this 6 year old child or the father through adoption?
3. You also mention a 5 month old---is she your biological child?
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs. If you are interested, I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call.
Thanks in advance,
Doug