How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11665
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband abandoned me when we were visiting family in Washington

Customer Question

My husband abandoned me when we were visiting family in Washington state. He left me at my parents to go to the airport, my parents took me later. We are both in Florida now, but separated. He has an apartment, but I have been staying with family. Due to the fact that I have little support here I want to go back to my parents home in Washington State, where I will be able to get a job, save money for my own place, and have my mom keep my 11 month old son. Do I legally have to inform my husband before I leave?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation. Just to be clear, this man is the biological father and you had the child while married?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mom is here, and I am staying with her at a cousins, once she leaves I have no where to stay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I am. Sorry for the delay
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Are either of you going to file for divorce?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I can not do this now my connection keeps dropping. I will have to try again later. Thank you for your time.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
I understand and will be here to help. Just let me know