Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband abandoned me when we were visiting family in Washington

Customer Question

My husband abandoned me when we were visiting family in Washington state. He left me at my parents to go to the airport, my parents took me later. We are both in Florida now, but separated. He has an apartment, but I have been staying with family. Due to the fact that I have little support here I want to go back to my parents home in Washington State, where I will be able to get a job, save money for my own place, and have my mom keep my 11 month old son. Do I legally have to inform my husband before I leave?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation. Just to be clear, this man is the biological father and you had the child while married?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mom is here, and I am staying with her at a cousins, once she leaves I have no where to stay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Yes, I am. Sorry for the delay
Are either of you going to file for divorce?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I can not do this now my connection keeps dropping. I will have to try again later. Thank you for your time.
I understand and will be here to help. Just let me know