Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Our 55 year old daughter is suffering mental psychosis & her

Customer Question

our 55 year old daughter is suffering mental psychosis & her husband, myself & her mother took her to a mental hospital in tn where she has been for 9 days. we contacted the place where she is housed, trying to get a sit down with her psychiatrist to get a diagnosis & prognosis ( the nurse said that we could get that appointment by phone)....when her husband called this morning, he was told our daughter would need to request the meeting.that makes no sense, since she talked to all our family this weekend, but wont talk to the nurses (one of them admitted taking her food tray away to force her to talk)...naturally, she responded by giving them the silent treatment. our daughter is highly intelligent,completely cognative, non violent, & needs only anti psychotic meds for her candition. do we have any rights for a sit down with her doctor? we told them upon admission what caused her problem....her phone, computer, tv & the whole house was hacked by someone who threatened to kill her & her whole family.every time we talk to one of her caregivers, ...it is like a blank slate (they did not know)....i am not sure her doctor knows either, so we needed a 2 way conversation to help our daughter.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello -
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law issue today.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. :(
Do you have a conservatorship over here based on her not being of sound mind? Or, do you have a power of attorney to speak with her doctors about her medical issues?
Thanks,
Michael