Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I give power of attornery to my sister take care my 3 years

Customer Question

I give power of attornery to my sister take care my 3 years old girl last 3 years.And she applied medicaid and foodstam from government. Now I want my girl back.is that legal.or I just have to tel my sister stop medicaid an foodstam from gov.what result I get from government. Do I get in trouble.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have given her a power of attorney for temporary guardianship, that would be something you can terminate at any time with notice to your sister. You and/or your sister would have to notify social services and get medicaid and food stamps stopped or at least getting them transferred over to you if you still qualify for the benefits.
You are entitled to your child back and you are entitled to cancel the power of attorney.