Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Is it possible to get child support from my kids

Customer Question

Is it possible for me to get child support from my kids father who was deported to mexico and is now living and working there?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon:I am going to try to answer your question.Q:Is it possible for me to get child support from my kids father who was deported to mexico and is now living and working there?A: You can file a complaint for Support against a parent who lives outside the US. In order to do so you must comply with the rules on service of the action/complaint. You should file a compliant with your local child support office. If you have a good address where he can be served in Mexico you may have a chance. If he does not pay or his employer does not cooperate it maybe difficult to enforce any order. I hope this helps. Good luck.