Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

I am looking to see if my kids father needs to pay

Customer Question

I am looking to see if my kids father needs to pay for half of the camps and sports they are in.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he says that child support covers only the basic needs and that he can't afford to let his kids he has with him play sports so mine should not either. he has never done much for them including coming for visits. he has not seen them in over 10 years. i just want them to get all they can in life.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Unfortunately, unless the marital settlement agreement / child support order specify that the non-custodial parent has agreed or was ordered to pay for any of the minor children's expenses / costs, aside from the child support, the non-custodial parent would not be legally obligated to make any payments or contribute for any of the minor children's expenses, beyond the court ordered child support payment.
I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.
I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.
Do you have any related follow up questions?