Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

Choosing forensic accountant , is there bad or good

Customer Question

Choosing forensic accountant for divorce, is there bad or good to find hidden assets?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. I do apologize, I am unclear as to your question. Are you asking if it is generally a good thing or bad if assets are found, or did I misunderstand your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any forensic accountant has ability to find hidden assets ?
Hi, That is really tough to answer with certainty. That very much depends on the skill of the accountant and the sophistication of how the assets were hidden. It is true that forensic accountants are far better at finding such assets, but there is no guarantee that they will. Even then, the accountant can usually show where the money went but not the next step, so if the funds were transferred out and went elsewhere, the step after the transfer is not always able to be found. Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even Electrical computer and smart phone access?
I am sorry? I do not understand your question, please advise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
According to firensic accountant, they check hidden assets by looking computer acces and smart phone. Still some assets are no tabke to find it?
That is correct, Keiko, not everything can be found. But yes, they generally can at least find what is missing, and possibly the last place where it went. So for example if $10,000 was shunted to a new account, they might not be able to know where the money went after it hit that account, but they can show that the funds went there.
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.