Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My sister lives in Witchita and was victim to domestic violence

Customer Question

My sister lives in Witchita and was victim to domestic violence by father of said child. Police released him, didn't press charges because incident happened while camping in different county than were they live and police weren't notified until back at residence Farher has meth problem and mother wants to get away in order to protect children(3 from prev. relationship, 1 with him) No court order establishing custody has occured Can she move to CA. until custody has been established? He has also been verbally and emotionally abusive to children from mother's previous relationship
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Is the father listed on the birth certificate for the one child that they have in common?
.
Are they legally married?
.
.
thanks