ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

We are going to court modification of child support.

Customer Question

We are going to court for a modification of child support. My ex-wife's employer is based out of California. Can I use the Form DRS14f-101311 to find out how much she makes? I ask this because it states that "According to Arizona law..." But they are a CA based employer.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. Does she work in California, or does she work in Arizona?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She works for a company who is based out of CA but also have services in AZ. She receives a paycheck from both CA and AZ
Apologies for the delay. I was ready to assist when you asked the question (as I responded to it 2 minutes later) but was out of the office when you replied 40 minutes after that. The fact that the company has services in Arizona, as well as employees (or at least an employee) makes them amenable to "jurisdiction" in Arizona. So even though they're "based" in California, they're still subject to Arizona law and can still be compelled to provide this information under Arizona law, because they have "subjected" themselves to the personal jurisdiction of Arizona. So in short, yes, you can use this form to find out how much she makes, even though they're based in California. Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if she just works in california?
So long as the original child support decree is in Arizona, that's going to be the state that has jurisdiction over the child support matter, so Arizona law will still apply.
Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!