Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I wanted help finding out what motion i should file in family court cusody issue. I p

Customer Question

hi.
I wanted help finding out what motion i should file in family court cusody issue. I previously filed for divorce in Harris County and it was almost dissolved, custody was an issue. We did have a social study done. Now, it was DWOP and my ex filed in a new county in an effort to disqualify the social study. What motion should i file with the new court to get the social study that was done into the new case? social study was done in march
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The original divorce with custody was in Harris County TX now he has refiled in Fort Bend County, TX.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Social Study Evaluation recommended I have primary custody and he get 2 days per wk for 3 weeks out of the month. I really want this included in this new filed case. I already put in my affidavit how he is trying to manipulate the court system and I have proof of his lies and deception in the Harris County Case which shows he's been lying and doing whatever to cause me emotional distress and financial hardship. What can I also file in relation to the emotional distress and the financial hardship?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The motion you need to file is a Motion to Accept Social Study and in the motion you need to explain that the study is 4 months old and as such it is still valid and current and in the interest of the child. You need to also explain all of your reasons why you believe it should be accepted and proof of all of the misrepresentations of your husband to the court.
You would attach the social evaluation to the motion. The court will give your ex a chance to object, then it will hold a hearing and determine if the report should be accepted.