Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I remarried my husband 9 months ago and i wanted to file a

Customer Question

i remarried my husband 9 months ago and i wanted to file a divorce again. our previous spousal support agreement stated that my spousal support will be void if i remarry. Under this circumstance, is my spousal support still effective that I remarried the same person or he doesn't need to pay me spouse support since i remarried again?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The remarriage would end/void his obligation to pay support. As such, when you file for divorce again, it would need to be ordered for a second time. Moreover, circumstances and things may have changed since it was last ordered by the court, so that would need to be factored in as well. I know it is not ideal but you would need to ask and have it ordered again.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!