Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

LegalGems ONLY, (not sure how else to request you). ... you

Customer Question

CustomerONLY, (not sure how else to request you). ... you wrote : So essentially they are asking for college tuition (vs child support) to be paid based on the child being gifted? and the child has already graduated high school? Not vs child support,
but PLUS Child Support, and yes he graduated at age 18 three years ago. I was paying way more than my actual income suggested and just couldn't bother with courts to adjust - boy that was a lesson. But now she's trying for milk me on every angle. So my strategy
is to show I overpaid according to my income and I actually do owe past due. I just paid another month - I didn't know I owed anything. Seems Clearinghouse can rack up fee/interest AND they paid me $1,250 after he graduated. The ex believes they had pulled
money to pay someone with a similar Atlas # ***** that's where the refund came from, and that "I should have checked into why I got a refund". If, like, the gov't sends you a check, would you complain and think you still owed them money? So I do owe about $2K
Principle, $600 Interest, and $200 in fees. I've offered $3,500 then $4K and she still wants more. FYI, I've got a great paralegal, I just wanted some extra ammo since she was quoting rulings on Gifted Children. So the question... Is there any merit to owing
for education which may have also required him to have a car and insurance, plus books and college tuition? She was quoting Pickering vs. Pickering, and Cigno vs. Cigno on the car example. I'm not certain he needed the car, and it was the Ex's old car. Thanks,
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
I spent a few minutes trying to locate those cases but to no avail. Are they AZ cases, and/or do you have a citation?
I will be out at appointments for a bit but will respond on my return.
If you need assistance sooner, please opt me out so you aren't unnecessarily delayed.
Thank you!