Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
17897874

I left my husband in September of 2014. He begged second

Customer Question

I left my husband in September of 2014. He begged for a second chance and we agreed to try again but only if he did not drink and went for counseling. We moved back in in April 1, 2015. Two weeks into our cohabitation he drank again. This happened several more times and I finally asked him to move out on June 6th. He has not left and will not leave. It is a toxic situation and it is effecting my children's heath as well as my own. I have no money - how do I get him out?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Before I answer a bit more detail would be helpful please.
Has he threatened you or your children with physical violence or struck you or your children?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not since we moved back in together. He did verbally threaten me when we lived together before.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information. I am sorry to hear of the trouble you are having.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, from a legal standpoint, there is no way to force a spouse from the marital home in the absence of an agreement or court order.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
If you or the children are in physical danger you can call the police and take out an order of protection, which would force him to leave.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Otherwise, you would have to be the one to leave if he will not and you can not tolerate living together.