Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

What do we have to do to get a change of venue in Missouri

Customer Question

what do we have to do to get a change of venue in Missouri for different judge/location?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
This depends. What would be the reason for wanting to do so?
Example:
Cannot get a fair trial before this Judge
Cannot get a fair trial in this county (why not)?
Etc.
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cannot get a fair trial in this county or with this judge
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
To remove a Judge, one files a MOTION TO RECUSE. Note that there is no guarantee. One would have to prove that the Judge cannot be neutral and is inherently biased. If the motion fails, one gets back before that same Judge.
To change venue, the motion is MOTION TO CHANGE VENUE. One would have to prove that due to inherent bias in the county, a fair trial is impossible.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.