Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

I have recently gotten an divorce and there is no custody agreement

Customer Question

I have recently gotten an divorce and there is no custody agreement between us other than the child support document that says that she is the custodial parent. My 14 year old daughter (will be 15 in September) wants to live with my fiance and I now full time. how should we proceed?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
First, verify with the clerk of the court that there is no Custody Order. If there isn't then file for custody of your daughter. If there is then file a modification to the order.
You can get the forms to file either the petition or the modification from the clerk of the court in the county where the support was issued.