FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

How long is the child support to be paid? Until age 18 or

Customer Question

How long is the child support to be paid? Until age 18 or until graduation from high school. In the case of two children is support payments based on each child individually or a combination of the two as one?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. It would be until the child reaches the age of 18, unless attending secondary school full time or up to age 20 whichever comes first, per court order. Moreover, it may extend past 18 if still in high school. Support ends when the child graduates from high school or reaches 19 years of age. As such, if the child is still in high school, it would end once they graduate or turn 19, absent any other court order. Now, if there are two children, the payments would need to be modified after the obligation to pay ends on the first child, reducing the overall amount since there would be only one minor child at this time.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!