Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

A grandmother had guardianship of her sons children and she

Customer Question

A grandmother had guardianship of her sons children and she was receiving financial assistance from social services. However, the parents don't have legal custody of the children even though they are the parents and they took the children from her so how could the grandmother gain custody of the kids.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information on this regard
Please tell me
How long did the kids live with the Grandparents?
How old are they?
Did the court order the return to the parents?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no court order for custody of a 13 year and 10 year old twins. 13 year old live with grandmother her whole life and twins for 5 years
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you. I suggest the Grandmother can file a Petition for a Guardianship of the children in the county where they have been living. And she should check with the clerk of the court to see if they have a packet of forms to do that - or get a sample copy of the pleadings to use as a guide, if she is going to do this herself. She can file and request the court to put it in for an emergency hearing if she has reason to believe and can prove that the children are in any kind of danger. The emergency hearing will allow a court to grant a temporary order of guardianship and custody until a hearing for final resolution can be made.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Try these links HERE
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Here and instructions here
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Here and instructions here
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Here and instructions for this form here
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
She can file those 4 forms on her own, without a local attorney or she can consult with a local attorney to assist her