Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I haven't seen my daughter in 9 yrs due to me being very unstable,

Customer Question

I haven't seen my daughter in 9 yrs due to me being very unstable, always moving, transportation issues, etc. I was recently contacted by my daughter's current boyfriend about some issues and things on in her life. I still have visitation rights and I went to pick her up this past Sat to be denied. I went to the courthouse and filed a contempt. When I go in front of either a magistrate or judge would they consider me of abandoning my daughter?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
How old is your daughter?
Did you keep up with the court ordered visitation and when was the last time your visited with your daughter prior to your last attempt?