Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

We care 48 year old cousin who is diasbled and we are

Customer Question

We care for a 48 year old cousin who is diasbled and we are thinking it is time to look into guardianship. We are trustees to her banking and her the trust that was set up or her. She is telling everyone that she and only she makes her decisions and that she will do what she wants. She is not able to leave her home without help, she does not keep appointments with doctors, or others, has an excuse to not do things. She does not keep her home clean, she tells different stories to different people and none of them true. She will not be able to stay in her present life long home much longer due to finances. But due to her short term memory loss she does not get it. and thinks she can be there for ever. I truely want to do the right thing for her but it is not easy. She says that her mother lived her all of her life and she can too.
She thinks she is made of money and cannot follow a budget or work with a check book. this is just the tip o the ice berg.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. How exactly can I help, what is your question exactly?